We want to fully support each team member well when serving overseas, especially if it is your first time to travel overseas. Our goal is for each team member to feel comfortable and completely prepared for their expedition.
Therefore we want to supply these FAQ’s below to help you with your expedition. Once your application is approved, you will have access to the mission team page for documents, links, dates and tasks.
Does 25 Project assist team members with fundraising?
- Each team member is provided a personal fundraising page (unless not requested). We provide biblical training, suggestions and a sample fundraising letter for team members.
When is final payment due?
- Each team member MUST fully fund the Total Expedition Cost with their airline ticket purchased 14 days prior to departure with the team. If your expedition is not fully funded by 14 days prior to departure, your airline seat will be released and your funds will be transferred to a future expedition team you choose to reschedule for (minus applicable rebooking fees).
What is the required schedule in which funds are generally due?
- $100 – non-refundable group airfare deposit per person to reserve dates
- 1/3rd due – 90 days out, 1/3rd due – 60 days out, 1/3rd due – 30 days out
What expenses are included in the Expedition Total Cost?
- Flights to and from final destination
- Your international travel health insurance
- All food, transportation and accommodations while in country
- Any group activity or outreach that is a part of the trip itinerary
- Ministry expenses (team supplies, book and t-shirt)
What expenses are NOT included in the Expedition Total Cost?
- Passport expenses (renewal, purchase, picture, etc.)
- Travel Visa
- Other medications (malaria prevention, indigestion, etc.)
- Printing and mailing costs of support letters
- Extra meals (such as during travel, or meals in airports)
- Flight weather delay, natural disaster, or emergency costs for additional lodging, meals, or expenses
- Your flight to DFW (if applicable)
When will a team member’s ticket be purchased?
- A ticket will not be purchased until the minimum ticket cost is fully funded for a trip.
Can a team member use an alternate flight itinerary?
- If a team member chooses to use an alternative airline or itinerary, 25 Project must approve the itinerary, and the team member is responsible for purchasing their own ticket.
What happens if my expedition balance is below the required group airline ticket purchase amount when it is due, but I have already paid the $100.00 non-refundable group airfare deposit?
- We will reprice an individual airline ticket for the team member when the required expedition balance is reached, and notify them of their new total expedition cost (individual airfare + lost non-refundable $100.00 group airfare deposit).
Is there a minimum size for a team to travel?
- There is a minimum team size for each team, and expedition members may be asked to reschedule at a later time when we are able to enlist the minimum.
Are team members expected to fully participate in preparation meetings?
- Each team member is expected to fully participate in the preparation process and all scheduled team meetings before the expedition date. If a team member misses ALL scheduled team meetings, they will be unable to travel on the expedition. The airline seat will be released and you will forfeit the $100 non-refundable deposit. Your funds will be transferred to a future expedition team you choose to reschedule for (minus applicable rebooking fees).
Are my personal payments or donations made by others tax deductible?
- All funds paid to 25 Project are tax deductible and cannot be returned. Cancellation of an expedition inside 120 days of your scheduled expedition will forfeit the $100 non-refundable deposit. Personal payments for your expedition are tax deductible as per IRS Publication 526 under the heading “Travel”. No significant element of performing services during the expedition is for “personal pleasure, recreation, or vacation”, so you may deduct personal payments to 25 Project. 25 Project recommends you consult a CPA for further questions.
What options are there for funds donated above the total funds needed for my expedition?
- Funds can be used for a future expedition
- Funds can be transferred to another team member going on your expedition
- Funds can be used for in country needs for your expedition (ex: Bibles, craft supplies, etc)
- Funds will not be designated unless 25 Project receives the request in writing. If there is no request, funds will be re-designated at the end of the year for in country needs.
Can I designate 3rd party donations, such as AmazonSmile or Facebook, made to the 25 Project organization?
- Donations on 3rd party giving sites to the 25 Project organization cannot be designated to a particular fund, trip member or child of 25 Project due to restrictions. We do provide each team member with a personal fundraising page on our website.
Are applications reviewed before approval?
- Each mission team Application or Re-Application will be reviewed by 25 Project. Team member approval for participation on a team may not be approved due to medical history, criminal background history, prior expedition concerns or other circumstances. Each Application or Re-application will be re-assessed on an annual basis by 25 Project.
Where do I find information regarding my trip destination?
- For information concerning international destinations, see the Travel Advisory Section of the U.S. State Department website. For medical information, see Destinations section of the CDC website. The 25 Project provides international travel health insurance for each mission team member.