Meeting Notes #2
Introduction and Prayer – each team member will briefly share how to pray for him/her in getting prepared for the expedition
Review – Recap of insights from the 1st meeting
– Struggling & Be Flexible – hear a quick recap & repeat team members can share examples
– Trip Goals – learn highlights on daily schedule goals
– Prayer Insights – learn how to pray about going, involving families & prayer partners emails
Language Helps – Learn about the Krio Language and Islam Training Helps
WHH CHAPTER 2 QUESTIONS
- How do poor people describe their condition of poverty differently than North Americans?
- What are your four key relationships? What do they highlight about humans?
- Are we bringing Christ to poor communities? Has God already been active in them?
- What is the “god-complex”? How do you feel you suffer from it?
Team Manual – discuss highlights from pgs. 1-31
– sample songs list
– note to sponsors and team member report
– games and minute to win it games
– making partners | small group games
Team Member Roles – Discuss the handout Kid’s Club – Summary Overview that uses your submitted Gifting Worksheets to assign team roles
Review – recap insights from 1st meeting
– Packing List – recap and especially note 2 checked bags are free (one may be needed for team supplies)
– Amenities – recap and ask questions on the available amenities where you stay and also at ministry area
Preparation List – learn about being culturally prepared and what to do / not to do as a team when in the country
Translating with an Interpreter – a couple of team members will demonstrate speaking through a translator and repeat team members can give tips and advice from previous expeditions.