Meeting Notes #2
Introduction and Prayer – each team member will briefly share how to pray for him/her in getting prepared for the expedition
Review – Recap of insights from the 1st meeting
– Struggling & Be Flexible – hear a quick recap & repeat team members can share examples
– Trip Goals – learn highlights on daily schedule goals
– Prayer Insights – learn how to pray about going, involving families & prayer partners emails
– Packing List – recap and especially note checked bags cost will be paid by team members if brought and each way are $25 (1st) and $40 (2nd)
– Amenities – recap and ask questions on the available amenities where you stay and also at ministry area
WHH CHAPTER 2 QUESTIONS
- Are we bringing Christ to poor communities? Has God already been active in them?
- What is the “god-complex”? How do you feel you suffer from it?
Poverty Alleviation Definition:
A process in which people, both the materially poor and non-poor, move closer to living in right relationship with God, self, others, and the rest of creation.
Material Poverty Alleviation
Working to reconcile the four foundational relationships so that people can fulfill their callings of glorifying God by working and supporting themselves and their families with the fruit of that work.
Team Manual – discuss highlights from pgs. 1-31
– song list
– note to sponsors and team member report
– games and minute to win it games
– making partners | small group games
Team Member Roles – Discuss the handout Kid’s Club – Summary Overview that uses your submitted Gifting Worksheets to assign team roles
Preparation List – learn about being culturally prepared and what to do / not to do as a team when in the country
Translating with an Interpreter – a couple of team members will demonstrate speaking through a translator and repeat team members can give tips and advice from previous expeditions.